19 Nov VACANCY: Chief Executive Officer
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Board of Te Aponga Uira (TAU) is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO is responsible to the Board for the management of TAU.
Te Aponga Uira is a statutory enterprise under the Cook Islands Investment Corporation (CIIC) and is mandated under legislation to provide energy to all consumers on Rarotonga in a reliable and economical manner; and to operate its facilities in an efficient and profitable manner having due regard to the interests of the community. Further information on the functions and responsibilities of TAU may be accessed on this website, www.TeAponga.com
The TAU Board is seeking a person who has at least 10 years relevant experience at executive level in the power supply sector. A tertiary qualification in electrical engineering and/or energy management is essential.
The individual must:
- Have a demonstrated record of excellence in performance and service, predominantly in the management of a business operation
- Be able to understand and analyze the diverse activities of a business entity, including problem-solving, deadlines, and crisis management
- Have demonstrated abilities in financial management and oversight, with an emphasis on developing or utilizing instruments for the commercial and economic advantage of the company
- Possess the demonstrated strength and ability to recognize the importance of timely decision-making and risk-evaluation, especially to advance work programmes and activities
- Have a demonstrated technical ability in electrical engineering and capability to oversee engineering-related work involving electricity generation and distribution
- Possess a skillful adaptability to a changing energy environment of technology, and the ability to drive change, chiefly in the management of integrating intermittent energy systems with conventional power generation
- Support and motivate staff within an evolving professional climate, to improve performance and delivery of services
- Be able to influence others, foster confidence, and encourage cooperation with management
- Apply firm and impartial judgment when appropriate
A full Job Description for the position is available here: Chief Executive Officer JD 2017.
Applications close on Tuesday 5 December 2017 at 3.00pm and should be forwarded to:
Mr. Mata Nooroa
Board of Te Aponga Uira
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries may be made to the Chairman on mobile phone: (00-682) 53262.
Applicants should provide a full CV including references and covering letter outlining their strengths and weaknesses relative to the responsibilities and competencies of the position.