A five percent discount is available to all consumers when they settle their power payments promptly. This means they have paid the amount owing for electricity usage on their monthly power bill before the next reading of their meter. The discount is a savings reward for being a good customer.
Saving energy tips
Consumers can make considerable savings if certain steps are taken. Here are a just a few tips on how to save energy.
1. Replace standard incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs and save in your lighting costs.
2. Turn off unnecessary lighting.
3. Keep your lights and fixtures clean to improve efficiency.
4. Unplug electronics, battery chargers and other equipment when not in use.
5. Block out the heat by keeping curtains or blinds closed during the day.
6. Defrost your refrigerator or freezer regularly so it can operate more efficiently.
7. Make sure the seals on your refrigerator, freezer and oven doors fit tightly.
8. When you shut down your computer, don’t forget to turn off the monitor.
9. When purchasing electrical products, check for energy-saving features.
One final tip for reducing energy consumption is to take a close look at your habits. Energy consumption is controlled by the consumer, so a reduction in usage means an increase in savings.